Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences
Inselstraße 22, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Welcome to my page. I am a PhD candidate at the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences in the research group General Theory of Complex Systems. My advisor is Jürgen Jost.
I am interested in systems, their structure, and their invariants. I work with dynamical systems, measure theory, and (metric) topology. Lately, I took the habit of using the language of category theory.
I am an economist by training and retain an interest in game theory and learning in games.
Invited Talks and Conferences
- March 2019: I gave a talk at Syco 3 on work with Tobias Fritz and Paolo Perrone. The slides are available.
- March 2018: I gave a talk at Complexis 2018 on work with Ivan Yamshchikov. The conference paper is published.
- March 2018: I was invited to give a talk at the Complexity Science Hub Vienna: 'Some data on electoral competition and a toy model'.
- September 2017: Martin Pollrich presented our work at the Meeting of the German Economic Association: 'Supplying experiments to persuade'.
Seminars and Lectures
- October 2018: From probability to possibility: The Kantorovich- and the Hausdorff-extension of dynamical systems.
- October 2018: Lipschitz maps.
- June 2018: Dynamics of probability measures: Affine representation and other aspects.
- April 2018: Posets, Galois connections, and closure operators.
- 2017-2018: Lecture series: Dynamical systems and ergodic theory, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences.
- 2017-2018: Coorganizer: Likbez seminar on basic notions of science and mathematics, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences.
- 2017: Lecture series: Fundamental theorems of game theory, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences.
- 2016: Organizer: Seminar on mathematical social science, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences.
- Summer 2014: Tutorial Microeconomics 2, Humboldt Universität Berlin.
- Winter 2014: Tutorial Microeconomics 1, Humboldt Universität Berlin.
Short Academic CV
- Since 2017: Associate student, International Max Planck Research School Mathematics in the Sciences.
- Since 2016: PhD candidate in computer science, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig.
- 2016: M.Sc. Economics, Humboldt Universität Berlin.
- Summer 2015: Research intern in the group Adaptive Behavior and Cognition, Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Berlin.
- 2014-2015: Research assistant in the research group Market Behavior, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- 2014: Teaching assistant for microeconomic theory, Humboldt Universität Berlin.
- 2012: B.Sc. Political Economics, Universität Heidelberg.