Category Theory and Applications
- Semester: Summer semester (April-June) 2019
- Time: Wednesdays, 11.15-12.45
- Place: Max Planck Institute, A3 02
- Lecturer: Paolo Perrone
Topics (so far)
The lecture notes (updated weekly) are available at this link.
- Basic concepts: categories, functors, natural transformations
- Universal properties and the Yoneda lemma
- Limits and colimits
- More coming...
- E. Riehl, Category Theory in Context. Available as pdf here.
- B. Fong and D. Spivak, Seven Sketches in Compositionality. Available as pdf here.
- F. Borceux, Handbook of Categorical Algebra. Cambridge University Press.